Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Easy Toddler Approved Smoothies!

My 3 year old daughter, who used to be the easiest eater in the world, has recently decided to hate every food she used to love! We're talking the good stuff like Yogurt and Cheese. Since she already doesn't like Milk (of course) I was desperate to get some calcium into her body! These smoothies are SO easy and cleanup is just as simple! From start to finish it takes us under 5 minutes.

Do you have a Baby Bullet hidden in the depths of your cabinet? I did! Neither of my daughter's enjoyed baby food so I've literally touched the thing twice since I've owned it. Behold! They make amazing toddler sized shakes!




With two attachments you can go with a traditional blender top, or one that instantly becomes a cup with handles!

I decided to go with my daughter's favorite fruits, but really this is totally customizable! When you use fresh fruit it makes a really smooth shake texture while frozen fruit makes a nice cold smoothie.

Use:

1/2 Banana

1/4 cup Strawberries

1/4 cup Blackberries

1/4 cup Blueberries

1/4 cup Milk

1/4 cup Yogurt (we went with Vanilla Greek Yogurt this time  but a squeezable Yogurt pouch is the perfect amount and delicious as well)




This same recipe works great for the frozen fruit as well. Yes, this Baby Bullet blends the frozen fruit!



I let my daughter help me add the ingredients which she of course enjoys.




We blended the frozen mixture for about a minute. It came out the perfect texture and was definitely delicious!


Of course a fancy Frozen cup and disposable straw make the smoothie much more consumable by toddler standards so that's how we spice it up a bit 😉



**  I am fully aware and sorry these are not professionally posed or photographed smoothies. They are far more delicious than depicted, I promise! I am also aware that I should have purchased organic fruits and photographed a perfect banana but organic frozen fruit wasn't on sale for $2 (I could not pass that up)!  **

No comments:

Post a Comment